PLEASE READ ALL VIDEO VISTATION RULES AND REGULATIONS BEFORE COMPLETING A VIDEO VISIT WITH INMATES INCARCERATED AT THE MIAMI COUNTY JAIL.
The Miami County Jail recognizes the significance of inmate visitation and the opportunity to maintain contact with family and friends while upholding facility safety and security. Visitation with inmates incarcerated at the Miami County Jail is now offered via non-contact using Securus Video Connect SM, a web-based visual communication system that allows friends, family members and clergy to schedule and participate in video sessions with an incarcerated individual from anywhere using the free Securus app, computer or tablet as well as on-site. Visitors are responsible for following the visitation policies, rules and regulations of the Miami County Jails here.
Visitation hours (including holidays) are:
- Monday – Sunday 8:00 AM to 8:30 PM
All visitation visits are by appointment only. All account review and approvals will be handled during normal business hours.
- All visitors must set up an account and be approved before scheduling any on-site or off-site Video Visit via the internet by visiting https://securustech.net or by using the Securus app, which includes a valid government issued ID.
- All inmates are eligible to receive both on-site and off-site Video Visitation.
- Scheduling of any video visits is also done by the visitor via the internet by visiting https://securustech.net or by using the Securus app.
- When scheduling an appointment to conduct any Video Visitation, you must enter the full legal name of each visitor (NO nicknames).
- Prepaid accounts are not utilized by Securus Technologies for Video Visitation as they are with inmate phone accounts.
On-Site Video Visitation:
- On-site Video Visitation will be originated from the Miami County Incarceration Facility located at 2042 N CR 25A, Troy, Ohio, 45373, and are at no cost to the visitor or inmate.
- It is recommended that visitors using our on-site Video Visitation option arrive at the Miami County Incarceration Facility approximately ten minutes prior to the start of their visit. Should you arrive late, the visitation appointment time will be held, but it WILL NOT be extended past the scheduled visitation appointment time.
- On-site Video Visitation is limited a maximum of four (4) visitors, including children, at one time.
- Visitors using the on-site Video Visitation option located at the Miami County Incarceration Facility will only be permitted one (1) thirty (30) minute on-site visit per week.
Off-Site Video Visitation:
- Off-site Video Visitation is available if you have access to a computer, Apple or Android Smartphone or tablet that has access to high speed internet and a webcam.
- Off-site Video Visitation can be conducted from anywhere by the visitor and visitors are charged fees at a rate determined by Securus Technologies, not the Miami County Sheriff’s Office.
- Off-site Video Visits may exceed one (1) visit per week, but may be limited to availability based on scheduling.
- Securus Technologies advises cancellations must be done 24 hours prior to the start of the scheduled Video Visitation or a charge will be incurred.
- All refunds must be conducted through Securus Technologies. The Miami County Sheriff’s Office does not handle any funding disputes.
- Securus Technologies provides no refunds for off-site Video Visitations that are scheduled but not held unless a technical difficulty is proven to be the reason for the visit to have not been completed.