Real Estate Sales
Effective June 22, 2022 the Miami County Sheriff’s Office will conduct the sale of all real estate subject to foreclosure on the “Official Foreclosure Auctions Site” operated by Realauction. This new process is per contract between Realauction and the Ohio Department of Administrative Services.
For detailed information on electronic foreclosures sales and bidder training, please contact Realauction at (877)361-7325, email@example.com, or https://www.realauction.com. Our electronic foreclosure auction web address https://miami.sheriffsaleauction.ohio.gov/ which will be active and available for registration on May 22, 2022. Please note that it is the responsibility of any prospective bidder to familiarize themselves with the new procedures.
1. All person(s) who want to bid on a property offered by the Miami County Sheriff’s Office must register with Realauction on the Miami County Foreclosure Auction website (Registration includes completion of the Purchaser Information Form).
2. Properties will be open for bid 7 days prior to the date of sale. This type of bid is generally known as a proxy bid.
3. Mortgage Foreclosure sales are scheduled every Wednesday and start promptly at 10:00 A.M. Eastern Time (EST). An auction will take place for each listed property; however, the system will only sell one property at a time. After a property sells, the next scheduled property sale will begin.
4. To be a qualified participant, bidders must submit a required deposit of $2,000.00, $5,000.00, or $10.000.00 (amount based on the property’s appraised value) for Mortgage Sales.
|Appraised value of property||Amount of deposit|
|>$10,000 </= $200,000||$5,000|
5. Bidders must make a full deposit by the predefined deadline. The only acceptable forms of deposits are bank wire transfers or ACH payments. Realauction will not accept cash deposits. All Wire Deposits must be received by 5 P.M. EST five (5) business days before the auction sale date. It is the responsibility of the bidder to allow enough time for their bidding deposits to be received and processed within the timeframes described above.
6. Plaintiff/Judgment Creditors – are defined as the creditors awarded judgment in the foreclosure case. Judgment Creditors are required to register for an online Username and Password and fill in all applicable fields. Per Ohio Revised Code 2329.211, in every auction of Judicial Sale or Execution of residential property, if the Judgment Creditor is the purchaser, they shall not be required to make a deposit on the sale. However, Judgment Creditors are required to submit the bidding style choice (pre-sale manage bid or live bid) AND a copy of the court order stating they are the Judgment Creditor on the case they are bidding to Realauction Customer Service (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least one (1) business day prior to the sale date. Judgment Creditors can make submissions via email or FAX. All submissions must include a bidder number and user account (first and last name). For more information and training on requirements to participate in the online auctions as a Plaintiff/Judgment Creditor, please call (877)361-7325 EXT. 245 or 246.
Realauction will conduct virtual training classes on a regular schedule. Training classes generally last 90 minutes and specifically cover the use of the software. Attendance is by registration only. For additional information on sales or training class registration, please contact the Realauction Customer Service Center by email at email@example.com or phone (954)734-7401 or toll-free at (877)361-7325.