- Clerk of Courts
- Traffic / Criminal
Traffic / Criminal
Payment of Minor Traffic and Criminal citations:
- We accept all major credit / debit cards, money orders, certified checks and cash
- We DO NOT accept personal checks
- Pay in person at the Clerk's office located on the Third floor of the Courthouse
- Make payable and mail, Certified Check or Money Order to: Miami County Municipal Clerk of Courts, 215 W. Main St., Third Floor, Troy, Oh 45373
- Credit card payments only, can be made via phone, calling (937) 440-3910
- Credit Card Fees: the greater of $2.00 or 3% will be added to all transactions, debit card transactions can only be completed in person with a $2.00 flat fee.
Misdemeanor offenses (criminal and traffic) of the first degree through fourth degree and all felony offenses require appearance for arraignment. The Ticket or Summons will indicate if appearance is required. The exception is if an attorney files an Entry of Appearance for the defendant. Most minor misdemeanors (MM) offenses can be paid without appearance.
Effective March 1, 2014 all Unclassified Misdemeanor citations received and file stamped on or after March 1, 2014, court appearance is not required and waiver (bond) can be posted. Please view the Bond Schedule for Unclassified Misdemeanors (PDF)
These MM offenses require a court appearance:
- Three or More Moving Violations in Twelve Months
- School Zone Violations
- Passing School Bus
The offenses listed below do not require a personal court appearance if this is a first or second moving violation within the last 12 months:
|Offense||Fine & Costs||Offense||Fine & Costs|
|Speed 1 - 20 miles over||$109.00||Seat belt (Driver)||$85.00|
|Speed 21 or more miles over||$119.00||Seat belt (Passenger)||$75.00|
|Construction Zone w/ Workers Present||Contact Court||Parking Violations||$70.00|
|Overloads||Contact Court||PUCO Violations||$174.00|
$109.00 Minor Misdemeanor Moving Violations:
|Assured Clear Distance||Slow Speed||Improper turn||Turn Signals|
|Operate without Reasonable Control||Traffic Control Lights||Stop Sign||Marked Lanes Violations|
|Following Too Close||Stop at Railroad Crossing||Improper Passing||Left of Center Line|
|One Way Streets||Slow Moving Vehicle||Start / Backing||Obstructed View|
|Headphones / Texting||Unsafe Vehicle||Towing Violations||U-turns|
Failure to appear or pay the fine will subject you to warrant for arrest or a warrant block, which suspends your license and prevents renewal of your registration.
- Instructions for Limited Driving Privileges (PDF)
- Instructions for Limited Driving Privileges (FRA or 12 Point Suspensions) (PDF)
- Petition for Limited Driving Privileges (PDF)
Disclaimer: For the forms below we suggest you check with an attorney before submitting these forms.