GovernmentServicesAbout UsBusinessHow Do I?
Click to Home

Go To Search


In Ohio, the County Recorder is responsible for maintaining veterans’ military service discharge records, commonly known as a DD214 form.  

Recording a Copy of Your DD-214

Veterans can record a copy of their DD-214 in the Recorder's Office for safekeeping.  This service is free of charge.

To record your DD-214, you will need to obtain the original copy, or a certified copy, from the Veteran’s Service Commission.  Simply bring the original or the certified copy to the Recorder's Office and it will be recorded for you.  The original DD-214 (or the certified copy) will be returned to you after it is recorded.

How to Get a Copy of Your DD214 From the Recorders’ Office

To obtain a certified copy of YOUR OWN DD-214, which has been previously recorded in the Miami County Recorders’ Office, you will need a picture ID.
To obtain a copy of ANOTHER PERSON’S DD-214, which has been previously recorded in the Recorders’ Office, you will need proof that you are “authorized party”.

**A recorded discharge document is not a public record for a period of seventy-five (75) years after the date of recording.  If you are not an “Authorized Party” a copy of any DD-214 may only be made available to you in redacted form.   

Contact Us
Recorder Jessica Lopez

Jessica Lopez
Miami County Recorder

Safety Building
201 West Main Street
P.O. Box 653
Troy, OH  45373

Phone: (937) 440-6040
Fax: (937) 440-6041
E-mail the Recorder

Monday - Friday
8 am - 4 pm